Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Shout, shout, let it all out

I knew it! TorryGirl is afraid of nothing! Also, her brain explodes when she sneezes. Go have a look at her answers to the interview questions. They're highly entertaining.

The Man is definitely improving. He shouted at me a lot today, and insisted that I should go to the doctor. Finally I went, to shut him up.

The doctor told me I was fine, which I knew. I said I was a bit sniffly, and maybe it was hay fever? He said no, too early for that.

"HOUSE DUST!" he bellowed. (How did he know about my awful housekeeping skills? Did The Man tell him?)

I asked him if there was anything I should do to avoid getting this 'flu, and he said if I was going to get it I'd be sick by now, it was too late to be thinking like that. But if my temperature went up I should go see him immediately.

Then he asked me how my bowels were and told me not to drink too much concentrated fruit juice. He has a thing about bowels, as I've mentioned before. And fruit juice. Every time I visit him he asks how my bowels are and tells me not to drink concentrated fruit juice.

I told him, as usual, that my bowels are just fine, thank you, and that I never drink fruit juice.

Just to vary the usual conversation a bit I asked, "Is it all right if I drink green tea?"

"OH, YES," he bellowed (he always bellows). "GREEN TEA IS GOOD! GREEN TEA IS - "

He stopped and stared suspiciously at me.

"Just checking," I said, innocently. "I don't suppose you have any spare samples of that medicine you gave me last time, do you?"

"What for?" he asked.

"Oh... just in case," I said.

"Just in case what?"

"Just in case I want to have some more interesting dreams," I said.

"HO HO HO!" he said, and sent me home. No charge for the consultation.

The Man asked me what the doctor said. I told him.

"SEE? I TOLD YOU!" he shouted. "YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE ON MONDAY, LIKE I TOLD YOU TO! I SAID IT WOULD BE TOO LATE!"

Yes, he's feeling MUCH better, and in full shouting mode. He's even singing in his sleep occasionally.

I got shouted at a lot today, and it made me happy.

0 comments: