Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Another interview! And fashion

Kimberley over at Music and Cats has answered her interview questions, and very interesting they are, too. Legwarmers with heels a fashion mistake? Tell my students that! (Please!) Kimberley is clearly blissfully ignorant of Japanese fashion trends and doesn't realise that her fashion mistake was not a mistake; she was just ahead of her time. And in the wrong country. If you don't believe me, go and look here. This was the only picture I could find. (Scroll down and it's the one at the top right.)

Perhaps I'll take my camera the next time I go to Namba and get some more up-to-date shots of the latest fashions. I promise you, no fashion mistake you ever made will ever seem quite so bad after you see what fashions are popular here.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'd heard that legwarmers are coming back in fashion -- Horrors! I was so far ahead of this trend as to have been wearing them way back in the seventh decade of the last century. There's some "fashion" that I don't mind seeing come around again, but legwarmers don't fall into that category.

Badaunt said...

Allow me to introduce you to the most lasting fashion I've ever seen in Japan - these have been around since the 90s:

LOOSE SOCKS!

http://www.japan-stores.com/gallery/jlist/loose_socks_p1720_small

But you have to be a high school girl to wear them. Or a university student dressed up as a high school girl. (They keep their old uniforms just for this purpose.)