Saturday, July 22, 2006

Summer

"Summer summer summer," said the heron, deliriously. "I LOVE it."


"Why?" I asked. "Can you catch more fish in summer?"

"Never mind the fish," said the heron. "It's the fireworks festivals. I LOVE fireworks festivals."


"Really? Fireworks festivals?" I said. "Aren't they scary?"

"Scary?" said the heron. "Don't be ridiculous! Fireworks festivals were invented because of me! I was the inspiration! They're all about me!"

"They are not!" I said.

"They are so!" said the heron. "Watch!"


I watched.


"See?"

I gasped.

"Well, for goodness' sakes," I said. "Nobody tells me anything!"


"I noticed," said the heron.


"That must be why you're so ignorant."

2 comments:

kenju said...

I can see where you go that inspiration! He does indeed look like a fireworks display!

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

That heron sure is incredible, but he needs a birdy spank for being so rude!
Great, as always.