Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Laugh

I have still been listening to The Naked Scientists occasionally. Although it is only a once a week program, there are a lot of old programs up on their webpage and I have been going through their archives. Today, they informed me that the average person laughs fifteen times a day.

I have a horrible suspicion I have been using up somebody else's laugh allowance, thereby condemning them to a life of gloom. If it is you, well ... I was going to apologize, but actually it is probably your own fault for leaving your laughs lying around where I can get at them. I mean, really. How could you be so careless?

You can take comfort in the fact that by keeping a straight face you probably have FAR fewer wrinkles than I do. I'm sure you look a miserable ten years younger than you really are.

4 comments:

Lia said...

There's a silver lining in every cloud.

I wouldn't worry about using up other people's allowance. There should be enough to go around.

Bill C said...

Next time I have to interact with a humorless person I'll take them aside and say, "Your laughs went to presentsimple.blogspot.com. If you want to find them, start with DIARHHEA! But watch out for exploding heads."

kenju said...

You are so funny!

My mom had a relative who decided that if she never smiled, and held her face in "repose" all the time, she would never get wrinkles. She was so humourless tht she immediately looked older than she was. Several yers later, after she had abandoned that idea, she looked young again - especially when she had a big smile on her face.

Artistic Soul said...

15? Oh dear. I don't think I get there nearly every day.