Monday, May 16, 2005

Things I almost but not quite want

I often check out what's new at My Best Gadgets. Some strange and wonderful inventions turn up there. Two have turned up recently that I rather like, although I won't be buying either of them. The first is the umbrella fan, which I think would be a wonderful thing on really hot days (i.e. all the days from June to November, in Japan). The problem is that using it would make you uncool at the same time as it made you cool, and how confusing is that?

The other is the cushion for troubled travellers. Or, perhaps, the cushion for the companions of troubled travellers.

I particularly like the customer review for the second item:

WOW! Never in my life have I farted for so long and with such complete comfort.

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I have never understood those who just can't hold in a trump until they are alone. Can't you just wait until you are in the loo in the plane? Then you can blame it on the person before you?

Honestly, it's not that hard.

tinyhands said...

I imagine the umbrella fan would be nice, but did you read the details? Where is a woman to find 6 D-cell batteries?

Kim said...

hey now.... there's a lot to be said for sustained and pleasurable farting...