Monday, May 23, 2005

Not fair

On Saturday morning The Man woke me. "You have to go!" he said. "You're late!"

I sat up in bed, electrified, and consulted the clock. Eight am!

Then I remembered that it was Saturday. Did I have to go somewhere? I didn't remember, but I frequently don't remember things.

"Where am I supposed to go?" I asked him.

"Okinawa," he said, and turned over. That was when I noticed he was asleep.

It's not fair. He is not SUPPOSED to be coherent when he's asleep. He is supposed to say things that don't make sense, and that make me laugh, not things that wake me up so thoroughly I can't go back to sleep.


Technorati Tags:

5 comments:

Gordon said...

Teehee.

I hope you woke him up too!

The Village Idiot said...

That's an absolute riot. I actually laughed out loud at that one.

Well done,
the idiot

Anonymous said...

So, was he correct? ;^)

http://pimme.blog-city.com

Lippy said...

It's so disconcerting when they do that, isn't it...

Editrix said...

My husband once yelled "bread! bread, BREAD!" in his sleep. He even sat up in bed -- but has no recollection of that ever happening.