Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Guilt

I was reading Susan's blog yesterday and she mentioned Not Proud, a site where you can confess anonymously to the sins of pride, envy, sloth, gluttony, greed, lust, anger, and misc. This site has been around for a long time. Am I the last person to have found it?

Reading the confessions is curiously compelling. People confess to the strangest things.

I enjoyed some of the sloth confessions. They made me feel less slothful than I really am, and some of them are pretty surprising. (I've had two years to write an essay, its now due in 36 hours and I still haven't started.) Lust is the least interesting, to me anyway. There are almost no surprises.

I was wondering what a misc sin was, and clicked on it just now to find out. This is what came up:

I cry at the thought of my own funeral.

Then I hit the 'random' button, and got this:

The sight of a whale's tail gives me the creeps.

You never know what will pop up next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'd love to see a whale's tail. The entire whale would be even better! ;^) Never seen one in real life.

http://pimme.blog-city.com

carrie said...

fun to read