Friday, February 08, 2008

Hair

This morning I had to suddenly wash my hair, even though it is not really dirty. I would have been perfectly happy to go another day or two. But I remembered that the doctor had said that after my wee operation I would not be able to wash my hair for a week. While a week is no problem for me in winter, when I only wash my hair twice a week anyway, I'm not so sure about ten days. The operation is today.

I should have washed my hair last night. I hate showering in the morning. One of my colleagues told me that showering at night is a workers' thing. Showering in the morning is something the idle rich started, because they didn't have to work and thus get all dirty during the day.

I guess my preference for evening showers betrays my peasant origins. (My colleague, naturally, showers in the morning.)

But I prefer to wash off the day and go to bed clean. I don't want to transfer the day's sweat and grime into my bed (and therefore have to wash the sheets more often – let's not forget that bit). And I don't see the point of showering in the morning when you're just going to go out in the dirty old world and get grubby again right away. Having a shower (or a bath) is a relaxing thing for me.

In summer it's different. In summer I will shower in the morning AND in the evening, and if I'm in some really hot place, in the middle of the day as well.

Almost time to go to the doctor. I'm starting to feel a little nervous about the whole thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your medical tests and condition.

As far as washing your hair first, I forgot to wash my hair last night. This morning I saw my podiatrist and as he has for the past month, he put a pad on my foot that I can't take off, that I have to wait to let it fall off - so no baths or showers for me for a few days or longer. So I'll have to bend over the sink tonight to wash my hair - which is not my favorite or even an easy way to do it anymore. Oy! Why did I forget last night?

Keera Ann Fox said...

Actually, I prefer to shower in the evening, simply because I am not physically awake in the morning, which means I take twice as long to shower in the morning as I do in the evening. No, showering doesn't wake me up.

Anyway, I have to wash my hair daily because it's greasy. I'd probably wear a scarf for 10 days. Or maybe splurge and go to the hair salon.