Thursday, February 14, 2008

Crunch

Today as I was cycling to the supermarket I had to stop because a local idiot driving a SUV was trying to park in the typically tiny parking space in front of his house. The road is very narrow, and to park he had to use up the entire road while he was maneuvering.

I waited patiently, and was rewarded for my patience by the sound of a very loud CRUNCH! as he carefully backed straight into the low concrete wall alongside his house. This action had left enough room for me to go around his ridiculously large and inappropriate vehicle, and as I cycled off he inched forward to extricate himself, stopped, then backed and did it again.

Made my day, that did.

3 comments:

Pkchukiss said...

Wow, I heard that there is a space crunch in Japan, but that bad?

OzBurger said...

Ah the joy of the sound of metal on concrete.

Anyone who has an exceptionally large vehicle deserves all the scrapes they get, especially here in Japan. I can't, for the life of me, why people buy Jeeps & Landcruisers in this country. They are difficult to park and you are practically banned from most cities. It defies logic.

Brad said...

Good ol' Japanese spacial awareness works with vehicles too I'm afraid.