Sunday, February 10, 2008

Aftermath

This morning I was woken by the sound of dripping water. Drip, drip, drip. I thought it might be raining, but the sound was coming only from the little roof above the window of our bedroom. Apparently it was raining only on one place, which was odd.

I got up and went outside to investigate. There I discovered that it was a sunny day and the entire neighbourhood was dripping with melting snow. In fact, when I stepped outside the first thing to happen was that I got dripped on.

I guess that means the snow excitement is over. By afternoon it was pretty much all gone.

But not quite. While I was out on my bicycle I noticed a snowdog, grimly hanging on to existence in a shadowed spot.


I also spotted a few other snow creatures, a little difficult to identify.


One of these guys is doing a dive into the concrete. I think he has given up.



Poor little creatures. I don't expect any of them will last long.

0 comments: