Friday, February 22, 2008

Flea market

It was flea market day today, at Shi-Tennoji in Osaka. The weather was gorgeous, and the turtles seemed to be enjoying the sun.


I thought this warrior was rather graceful, despite his lack of hands.


These two have been placed in a beer crate, probably for misbehaving.


Somebody had spun the prayer wheel at the gate, but I didn't see who. It just kept spinning. I suppose it must be a very well-oiled prayer wheel. (Or maybe it has batteries?)


I haven't finished going through my photos yet but it's past bedtime, so that's all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It'd be just my luck I'd get an old, rusty prayer wheel that squeeked and did about a quarter-turn before grinding to a shuddering halt.

kenju said...

I love the turtles all piled together. It reminds me of the seals on the docks in San Francisco.