Saturday, May 12, 2007

Yellow sand (again)

I found (or rather, The Man did) a site that shows the kosa distribution in Japan (yellow sand). The one I found before was only for Korea. Looking at the new map, I am wishing I did not have to go out tomorrow. We're about to have a nasty episode. I will wear a mask while I'm outside.

I wish they made the masks in other colours. White makes me feel like I'm about to do something surgical and nasty. Someone could make a killing with designer masks in Japan, I reckon. Stick on a Louis Vuitton logo and sales would go through the roof. A few kawaii designs and young people, especially, would be wearing them all the time.

I saw an article somewhere recently about face mask fetishists, and had one of those Help! I'm living in a weird country moments.

2 comments:

Badaunt said...

Found it! (I knew it had to have been on Waiwai.)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if your comment is the same, since I'm coming extremely late to the party, but in case it's not, last september I found this (well, it and others) on offer in a store in Kobe's Nankinmachi (if I recall correctly, that is what the chinatown there is called, is it not?):

http://www.amazon.co.jp/EXAS%EF%BC%88%E3%82%A8%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B5%E3%82%B9%EF%BC%89-%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF-%E9%BC%BB%E8%A1%80/dp/B002AKEALS