Sunday, January 02, 2005

Photo puzzle

Today I started scanning the other negatives I got from the flea market. These are not so old, but they are a puzzle. I can't figure out what kind of person took these photos. It doesn't help that out of the twenty negatives I scanned today, only about six are viewable. The rest come up blank. I'm not sure if this is my scanner or the negatives - my scanner is not set up to scan negatives. I think you need special hardware for that. On the other hand, the plates turned out pretty well. Perhaps it's just me. I don't really know what I'm doing.

Anyway, this photographer either went abroad or found gaijin children here in Japan to photograph. The house also doesn't look particularly Japanese, but then many Japanese houses don't, so that doesn't mean much.

Here are four of the photos. First is the house. I've included this because I rather like the photograph. After that is the children. Do you recognize anybody? Next, what appears to be a family photo, except that everybody in it is male. And finally, a bunch of men sharing a naughty joke. Well, they're sharing some sort of joke, and since they're men, it's probably naughty.







0 comments: