Monday, September 06, 2004

Too exciting for me

A few minutes ago we had another earthquake, just as big as the first one.

They're issuing tsunami warnings for the Wakayama Prefecture coast, where the quake was a 5 on the Japanese scale. Here it was a 4. The warning area stops before it reaches Osaka Bay, so I guess we're all right to stay where we are and don't need to make a run for the supermarket. (I wonder if they would open it and let us in if it happened at night?)

I don't think I'll be sleeping very well tonight. Perhaps I'll just sit up and blog all night. My exaggerated startle reflex is starting to play up.

Both of these earthquakes lasted about a minute. Funny how a minute can feel like so much longer. I had time to feel a bit seasick as the world slipped and rocked.

The light has stopped swinging now. I think I'll have a cup of tea.

0 comments: