Friday, April 08, 2005

Murdered music

(Old news, but new to me.)

What happens when an audio dictionary meets a karoake machine?

You get to learn English the FUN WAY!

Before you complain about how they have murdered your favourite songs for money, read the press release:

The hilarious material has been spreading rapidly over the Internet and is beginning to receive radio play across the country. The artists involved in the project have no intention of profiting from this however, and encourage anyone to copy their work freely. "We just find it intensely amusing. You just can't help but laugh hearing the singing dictionary perform your favorite songs, enunciating every word with perfect clarity", commented one participant. All in all, Dictionaraoke is a unique musical endeavor and a very entertaining website which may force you to adjust your definition of music.
However, I recommend that you do NOT choose to listen to a song you are fond of. I used to rather like the Beatles "Michelle," but now I have a horrible feeling that Mish. Elle is stuck in my brain and I will never be able to hear the song again without giggling.

0 comments: