Monday, April 18, 2005

Beep

This morning at 7am the alarm clock went off.

"Beep" it said.

I was awake. I waited.

After a while it said,

"Beep-beep".

It went quiet for a while.

"HEY!" I said, and picked up the clock. Its face told me nothing except the time, and we stared blankly at each other. I got up, went into the other room and checked the clock there. It was seven o'clock. I stared at my alarm clock, which told me blandly that it was indeed seven o'clock.

I frowned.

"Beep" it said again, somewhat apologetically.

It is supposed to say beep-beep, beep-beep, beep-beep and so on until it stops beeping and starts screaming. I changed the battery before semester started, just in case.

Now I know why I missed the alarm twice last week. My beeping alarm clock is broken!

6 comments:

tinyhands said...

http://www.detnews.com/2005/business/0504/13/C03-147479.htm

Paula said...

Your beeps have flown to SoCal. Everything in my damn house beeps like mad!

Given said...

I hate it when my alarm clock fails on me. The entire rest of the day is shot, just because of one little beep.

Ms Mac said...

What the beep? You'd better beeping get that sorted! Beeping technology!

Faerunner said...

*giggle*
BadAunt, you can turn even the most unfortunate events into funny stories. Apologetic alarm clocks indeed... glad you woke up on time, though. :)

Lippy said...

I've given up on my alarm clock and rely on my cats. The punctuality of the feline stomach is one of nature's many wonders, it seems...