Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sunflowers

We have not had much in the way of sun recently. In fact it has been the longest rainy season that I can remember, and I cannot believe how cool it still is, considering we are well into July. By now I am usually becoming lethargic with the heat, but this year, while the humidity is high, the temperatures are relatively low and the nights are still bearable.

I noticed as I cycled home this afternoon that the little patch of sunflowers I pass is not doing very well. The sunflowers are rather spindly, and droopy from the lack of sun. Also, they are not as big as they usually get.

But my road home is fairly dismal and gray, so it is nice to come across a cheerful spot of colour. They are doing their best. Maybe when the sun reappears they will do even better.

1 comments:

Lia said...

I'm sorry the sunflowers aren't doing well, but the photo is exquisite!