Monday, July 02, 2007

I know how he felt

Today I was marking tests, and spent a lot of time groaning at my students poor preparation. (I gave them the answers ahead of time! They should have all got 100%!) I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to dredge more points out of what they'd done.

But it wasn't all bad. Some of what they wrote made me smile, too. My favourite line came from a student who could not remember the spelling of a word. He drew an arrow to the word, and wrote:

I cannot remember spell. How awfully my brain is!

I think I will be finding occasion to use that one myself.

4 comments:

kenju said...

Good engrish! He must have a good sense of humor.

Bill C said...

Perhaps he needs a brain hunt?

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling. The spelling-memory thing. Although, come to think of it, he why aren't these tests perfect thing too.

Lia said...

I love how this proves that even though sometimes cheating does help, in general, the ones who know nothing won't be helped even if they get the answers ahead of time. It makes me feel like cheaters don't prosper.