Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Feed added

Yesterday I added an RSS feed to this blog. The feed url is http://feeds.feedburner.com/PresentSimple, or you can click on the Feedburner button in the right column.

I did this because someone said I didn't have RSS. I thought Blogger provided a feed automatically, and it does, but it provides an Atom feed. Atom is a different version of RSS, and some newsreaders apparently do not read Atom. Also, there are two different versions of RSS which use the same name but different version numbers. I do not know which one I have added and can't be bothered checking.

Basically, I think what I have done is provided something that is different from the Atom feed provided by Blogger (which I have not removed because I don't know how, and anyway do I want to?), but it is not automatic (because I don't know how to make it automatic). You need to click the Feedburner button. So if you cannot use the Blogger-provided Atom feed, then try the Feedburner one in the right column.

Confused yet? I am, so I'll stop now.


Technorati Tags: ,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I don't know how to explain the feed. Am still learning myself. Concentrating more on writing prose and poetry. Good Luck:)