Monday, July 07, 2008

The arrival of summer

Summer has arrived. This means the nights have become uncomfortably warm. Nights should not be 26 degrees Celsius. Twenty-six degrees is a comfortable daytime temperature. At night, however, twenty-six degrees is UNREASONABLE, particularly when it is humid as well.

Along with summer the dragonflies have also arrived. They were all over the place down at the river today.



There was also a bird with a faulty clock. I know it has a faulty clock because it is a night heron, but it turns up at the river in the mornings. It is not there in the afternoons, so I am assuming its clock is about, let me see ... eight hours slow.

2 comments:

Keera Ann Fox said...

*sigh* I wish I could get a picture of a dragonfly. BTW, that heron isn't the only bird that can't tell time: Roosters do not crow at sunrise. I'm just saying.

Badaunt said...

I know. We used to have roosters. They are USELESS at telling time.

Incidentally, have you ever heard a young rooster crow when they haven't learned how yet? They can't do it properly. Apparently it takes practice. Instead of 'cock-a-doodle-doo,' they say things like 'Argh!' and 'Cock-aaaahh!'