Sunday, December 09, 2007

Herding the cat

"Everybody! Remember what I told you. Look innocent.
The idea is to let him think that HE'S chasing US. "


"And when we get to the end, we hang around just out of reach, looking innocent AND tasty. "


"And then, while we're looking innocent and tasty, he jumps. Like this. Ha ha ha!"


"Ooh, it'll be so funny!"

"Shhh! Look innocent!"


"Here he comes!"


"Try to look tasty."


"Hee hee hee!"


"Shhhh!"


"Hee hee hee!"

"Stop giggling!"


"Damn. It didn't work. Now what?"


"We go back and try it again, at the other end."


"This is weird."


"I'm feeling kind of . . . spooked."

"I don't get it."


"I mean, I'm the cat, right? I'm chasing them, right? So why were they BEHIND me?"


"Something feels wrong. And I'm sure I heard a giggle."


"Are they still there? I'm afraid to look."


"Ah. Good. My secret escape tunnel."


"What am I saying? I don't need to escape! I mean, the place I go to plot my next attack on those cowardly ducks."


"It's your fault! You didn't look tasty enough."


"Nonsense! It was you. You shouldn't have giggled."


"Cats can't stand it when you giggle. It makes them nervous."


1 comments:

Keera Ann Fox said...

Cats are so smart, but they never seem to get that ducks are not good for any kind of cat entertainment. Fine for human entertainment, though.