Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas flea market

The flea market was fun, as usual, and as usual I did not buy much. But I did take some photos. Heads and dolls seem to feature rather too much, like last year, but those were the most photogenic bits.

There were heads on sticks, again.


This is Daruma. I think he has been smoking something funny.

One of these dolls looked very familiar. Can you still get them in NZ? I hadn't seen one since I was a child.

Junk.

The Tengu has a very rude nose.

These are Ainu dolls. They are cheap souvenirs, but photograph well.

More dolls . . .

A tent full of kimonos . . .

Yet more dolls . . .

There was a fabulous amount of junk.

This exhibit was not for sale.

Happy Boxing Day!

8 comments:

kenju said...

I hope you and the Man had a good Christmas!

torrygirl said...

It's interesting how different the junk at Japanese markets is from Australian markets. Aussie junk is mostly 70's glassware and broken stereos. Not a lot of heads on sticks around here...

Merry Christmas!

lina said...

I wouldn't mind getting some of that junk.

OzBurger said...

BadAunt, you are right when you say junk. It's scary to think that much of this stuff is put on sale in the hope that people will buy it.

WHO will buy it, take it home and treasure it? Urgh!

"Oh wow, what an interesting piece" "Yes, I found it at a market stall in Shinjuku" Bla Bla Bla!

M. said...

Hey, thanks for letting me know about the dead link - turns out when i change the whole name of the site, i change the link as well. It's a trial - after the two months if it doesn't work out I go back to Blogger. Thanks for the compliment on my blogger blog, too!

Anonymous said...

Hello again,

Hmm...how about that RSS feed button at the top? iWeb doesn't really use HTML b/c it's drag and drop for the most part as I am totally inept at HTML and CSS but want a pretty(and prettier blog). But if the RSS doesn't work then it can be something that I can hopefully fix

Anonymous said...

Also, if you use Google Reader, I just put the link for the Salle blog (I really hope it's not making it really annoying b/c if it is I will revert back to blogspot) and added it and it worked.

Badaunt said...

Sorry - the RSS feed worked, and all is well. I was having a stupid moment.