Friday, September 12, 2008

K.L. Bird Park

We went to the bird park today, and it was WONDERFUL. I have taken a lot of pictures and will post some after getting back to Japan, but for now let me just say that K.L.'s bird park is definitely worth a visit if you're ever in the area. I could have spent the whole day there. At the restaurant in the park, we sat outside and were entertained by a couple of hornbills and three smaller birds that said Ne! a lot, making us laugh every time they did it. They also whistled and made other noises. I don't know what they were, but they were very friendly. I got the impression that if they REALLY wanted to, they would talk.

Also, a ground hornbill played grandmother's footsteps with us. At least I think that's what it was doing. It followed us along a path, and whenever we turned around, it stopped and tried to look innocent.

Other birds we saw: eagles, owls, pelicans, flamengos, egrets, emus, storks, ibises ... and I'm sure I could list a lot more but it's been a long and hot day and I'm ready for a shower.

2 comments:

Megane~kun said...

I love birds too... which was why I just love eating my lunch outside my office and then the pigeons would wobble towards me hoping for a bit of food.

Oh, and I tried your custard recipe and it was such a delight! Although I'd have to confess that I didn't have any vanilla and used bitter chocolate instead. I think it turned to pudding.

I'm looking forward for the pics, would you be doing some more picture stories? *hint hint*

Unknown said...

I'm fond of birds and visiting bird parks, too. It's so amazing to watch birds and listen to the sounds they produce. Swans are my favourite birds as they remind me those romantic moments I feet being with my second heart or being in love!!!