Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Happy feet

That was possibly the funniest massage I've ever had. I had been wondering about it, and couldn't wait to try, to find out how it works. Do they cover your feet in fish food first? Why would the fish be so interested in feet?

Well, I can tell you now that no fish food is involved. You wash your feet, then plonk them in the water, and within a couple of seconds they are surrounded by little fish yelling, "I bags the toes!" The first nibble is a surprise even though you're expecting it. I squeaked. The girl laughed and said, "Never mind. Everybody does that. After a few minutes the tickle stops."

She was right. It tickles like crazy at first, but then you get used to it, and it becomes funny without being quite so giggle-and-squirm funny.

The really unexpected part, though, was the mole removal. I have, or rather had, a little mole on my left ankle, which has been no trouble at all except that now and again I nick it with a razor. I did that recently, but thought it had healed. Apparently it had not completely finished healing, though, because the fish, which were removing dead skin (Keera was right), apparently found a little scab on my mole. Since scabs are dead skin, they decided to remove it. They were VERY ENTHUSIASTIC about it, and after a couple of 'Ow!' moments I looked down and discovered that they had not only removed the dead skin, they had removed the mole altogether, and were now attempting to remove bits of skin from around it.

That was NOT dead skin, the little piranhas!

I called the girl over and she brought a bandaid. She said that if you have a scratch or scab it is always best to cover it. In fact she had asked me, but I hadn't realized I had one.

I haven't taken the bandaid off yet, but I am looking forward to seeing how good a job the fish did of mole removal. Maybe I have discovered a new, cheaper way to remove moles.

My final verdict is that fish pedicures are hilarious, feel great, are very relaxing, and leave your feet feeling wonderful. Remember to cover those scabs if you want to keep your toes, though.

9 comments:

Lia said...

I'm intrigued. I would love to know what that's all about, but it sounds freaky to have fish eating your feet.

kenju said...

Thanks for telling us about it. The fish would have a real treat in store with me.....LOL. I think I might do that whenever I find a store that does it.

Keera Ann Fox said...

Ooh, I was right! :-) I was curious about how ticklish it was. Thanks for being our "guinea pig", Badaunt!

Hebron said...

THEY'RE TRAINING THEM TO EAT PEOPLE! D:
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!

=legsit=

Unknown said...

Fish to eat your feet...
Ahh... That is very surprising, and its also a great information... Just being little ticklish and if your feet is clean... Then why not...
I am doing a research on mole removal... I wonder what these fishes would do in this matter...

Unknown said...

What a article awesome so nice and interesting to read this article very simple n decent post to read more this type of article there are many sites on google

Unknown said...

I am so impressed to read your content.
assignment helper

Unknown said...

That is very surprising, and its also a great information.
professional essay writing

PoL said...

As we said earlier, writing a thesis is hard. But you don’t need to worry about that now you’ve found custom thesis writing service