Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tickle

In the wee hours of this morning I was awakened by maniacal giggling in the bed next to me. Something hilarious was happening, evidently.

"What's so funny?" I asked, groggy with sleep.

"AHAAAA ha ha ha!" chortled The Man.

"Eh?" I said.

"Stop it!" gasped The Man.

"Stop what?" I asked, starting to wake up properly.

"HEEEEE! Ha ha ha ha!" said The Man, squirming. Then he added, breathlessly,

"You're tickling me!"

And apparently, I was. His arm was up over his head (he claimed this was because I'd left no room for it anywhere else) and somehow I'd flung out my arm so that my hand was touching his ribs. And I was wiggling my fingers in my sleep.

That's what he says, anyway. I don't remember anything like that, and I'm not sure that I believe him. I think it is highly likely he was just having a funny dream that woke him up and he wanted to blame me. Why would I wiggle my fingers in my sleep? That's just silly.

1 comments:

kenju said...

Unnnnhh, you were dreaming that you were waving to an old friend?