Monday, November 29, 2004

Multi-choice questions

Last night on the train I had fun teasing The Man about his way of offering me choices.

"I like the way you include me in all our decisions," I told him. "You always ask me first before doing something."

He looked wary. He knew something more was coming.

"And then you do what you want to do anyway," I added.

"That's not true!" he said.

"Oh yes it is," I said. "'Are you cold?' you ask, when you come into the room. 'Do you want the heater on?' And when I say no, I'm fine, you tell me it's very cold and turn it on anyway."

"I do not!" he said.

"Oh yes, you do," I said. "What about when you wanted an extra blanket on the bed. 'Do you want another blanket?' you asked. 'I'm fine', I said, and you put another one on anyway."

"It was cold!" he said. "I was doing it for you!"

"Yes, I know. You do everything for me," I said. "The other day, when we'd been walking a lot and wanted to stop somewhere for coffee, you asked me which coffee shop I wanted to go to. I said the one we were passing looked fine to me, and you said it didn't look very good, and why didn't we try the other one up the street a bit. So we did."

"It was a good coffee shop though, wasn't it?" said The Man.

"Yes, it was," I said.

Silence for a while. I grinned to myself. The Man caught me doing it.

"I'm not that sort of person!" he said, looking wounded.

"Yes you are," I said.

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!"

"No, I'm not!"

(And so on and so forth...)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, it sounds like he's the decision-maker (even if he "asks" you first). ;^) At least you both seem to get along despite it!

My dad does that with my mom a lot. "Where do you want to eat"? "Red Lobster"! So, he pulls into Burger King. :^/ It's like he had his mind made up even before he asked for her opinion. LOL

http://pimme.blog-city.com