Thursday, September 14, 2006

Underwear art

When we visited Port Weld (near Taiping) we were walking along a road when we passed an abandoned house with no windows or doors. Through one of the windows I glimpsed some washing hanging on the line outside the house behind it.

"Wait!" I said. "I have to take a picture!"

The Man and my friend pretended to be disgusted.

"You're taking a picture of underwear?" said The Man. "Yarashii!"

"Typical!" said my friend, and they both laughed.

What kind of person do they think I am? Maybe they were looking at underwear, but I was looking at an unintentional work of art.

(That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it.)

5 comments:

kenju said...

That's a wonderful image!! Tell the Man and your friend "Pbbbbffffftttttt" - as they don't know art when they see it!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous--people spend hours in Photoshop layering a B&W photo into a color photo to create some real eye candy---this would be a great wallpaper!

Sachi said...

Beautiful art! First,I thought that was a bird.
Not 'Yarashii!'at all:D

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Great shot! I'm with ya.

apprentice said...

Portrait would have been great too, hard in on the window area. Great capture!