Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Weather report

The weather is messing around with my head, I think. I had a hideous headache all day (overcome with medication when I got home) and I've been feeling sluggish. It is typical spring weather, totally unpredictable. Tonight the 'low' is 16C, and tomorrow the 'high' will be 14C. How confusing is that? To make matters worse the yellow dust is back. Also, as usual at the beginning of semester, work is overwhelming me. It always takes a while to get into the swing of things. I haven't had time for my usual blog reading, and feel hopelessly out of touch with the world.

As I was cycling home I noticed that the cherry blossoms were almost finished. There was a stiff breeze, and the petals were falling like snow.


I looked up at the trees and something caught my eye. There was something on top of the power pole.


I used the zoom to get a closer look.


What was the egret doing up there?


I may not be able to keep an eye on the birds these days, what with work and all, but it appears they are keeping an eye on me.

6 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Aiiee! We've had a stay of execution on the yellow dust. Is yours also caused by pollen from the dandelions and/or buttercups?

Unknown said...

That's a very beady eye and sticky beak!

Sometimes I too am overcome with medication.

I once had a horoscope that said I needed to relax and should try medication.

Badaunt said...

Fuzzball: And he WAS ready, wasn't he?

Ms Mac: It's not pollen, unfortunately (although we're getting that, too - cedar pollen which makes most of Japan miserable with allergies during the spring). This is scarier - the infamous yellow dust from the deserts of China, bringing with it dioxins and heavy metals and putting people in China and Korea into hospitals with respiratory and eye problems. I haven't heard of anyone being hospitalised here, yet, but that might just be because I haven't been keeping up with the news...

The Editter: Obviously you weren't taking Panadol! (Unless Panadol in NZ has become more interesting since I was there last...)

The Village Idiot said...

Last time you complained about your weather I got rained on for a month. Cut that out, it's 70 degrees and fabulous here today, and since i rode my motorcycle to work today i'd like to keep the fabulous part and avoid the rained on part, so both you and the egret find another topic, or better yet, go about your business and leave the weather alone.

Thank you,
the village idiot

CameraDawktor said...

I love the blowing blossoms photo, great!!!

Badaunt said...

Idiot-san: Sorry. I have stopped complaining. The weather is still COOL, and I am rejoicing every day I do not sweat. I do not care about rain. I will not complain again until next time, which means when the rainy season hits and everything (including my armpits, I think) starts growing mould from the appalling humidity. Then I shall complain like mad and nothing you say will be able to stop me.


Cameradawker: Thank you! That was the one I liked, too.