Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It was theriouth

Yesterday on my way to work I listened to a very interesting radio podcast about sustainability. The scientists interviewed were good. They were clear and easy to follow, and talked a lot of sense. The journalist was good, too. He asked sensible questions, and didn't interrupt in the middle of explanations.

But there's more than one reason I appreciated the journalist letting the scientists do the talking. I think I would have found his slight lisp a wee bit distracting. He didn't QUITE say the ithue of thusthtainability, but it was very, very close, and it would have been hard to concentrate if he'd said it too often. And it wasn't supposed to be a funny podcast.



(I'm not linking to it because I can't. It was an old one, and is no longer on the RNZ podcast page.)

2 comments:

Lia said...

Have I mentioned recently that I love your writing?

Sustainability is a very important subject. Theriouthly.

Bill C said...

Is that you, Igor?

(I'm *really* slow these days. Sorry)