Friday, March 17, 2006

Some interesting things

I've been websurfing a bit today, instead of doing things I should be doing, and came across a few interesting things.

First in the list is this knifeblock. I don't know if I should admit this, but my first reaction when I saw it was to wonder if it was customizable. Could you get it made in the likeness of, say, your boss? But my second reaction shows that perhaps I'm not that nasty a person after all, because I really wouldn't want that thing in my kitchen.

(Via Crib Candy, where it is possible to waste many happy hours, via Boing boing, via somewhere else I can't remember now.)

Does this video of a robot mule make you laugh and recoil at the same time, or is it just me? This thing manages to be creepy and funny and excruciatingly clever all at once. Those legs! It looks like a couple of guys trying to dance, or fight. Except that their feet have been chopped off. And their heads. And... oh, just go and watch it. I'm fairly sure if I saw that thing coming towards me I'd run like hell.

Let me see, what else did I find today...? Oh, yes! I found a dress for couch potatoes. At least I suppose that's what it's for, because I can't imagine what happens when you get up. Check out the other clothes they sell, too. (Also found via Crib Candy.)

Finally, after all my wanderings around the web today I ended up here, learning how to tie my shoelaces.

3 comments:

tinyhands said...

Love the ploural clothing, and of course I'm going to waste a couple hours relacing all my shoes...

Faerunner said...

I'm excited, because the shoelace link looks really cool... I'm one of those people whose laces rarely end up straight. ^_^

Thank you, BadAunt!

Bill C said...

While I am possibly unbalanced regarding shoes - approx. 20 pairs of Converse HiTops - I've not been too concerned about the laces.

Until now. *sighs*