Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A cheap day out

Yesterday I went to a flea market with a couple of friends. They told me they didn't want to buy anything, and I said that didn't matter, I was mostly just planning to take pictures anyway, although I might buy something if I saw something I couldn't resist. They thought that was a good idea, and both turned up with cameras round their necks.

At the end of the day they were both laden down with packages and excuses ("But it was cheap! But it's so beautiful!") and worries ("Where am I going to put these things?").

What I brought home with me takes up a lot less space. In fact it all fits on my hard drive.

I had a cheap day out.










4 comments:

kenju said...

They are very interesting photos; I love the old tobacco ad!

Kay said...

I want to go to Japan now and get you to teach me to take good photos--these are awesome!! I just look and re-look---I want to go to a market again!!! Wow!

Live Labyrinth said...

Omg! I wondered what Kenju was on about but when i looked carefully I realised that really was a fag ad...some fag ad. Wow...

Your really making me want to go to Japan you know...well you and images of drunken salarymen I randomly find on the internet...

Curley said...

At the Toji Temple (Kyoto) flea market last month - a million people there were - Younger Daughter found a 12" vinyl stall, and saw a large box among the Miles Davis & Sinatra records- the complete Beatles! All the disks & posters...

Had to mail it home of course... weighed a ton... and it cost... let's not think... :-)

Love flea markets. Sometimes...