Monday, September 07, 2009

Spikes

We have a very spiky plant in our garden. It has been there as long as we have, and we have to trim the ends of the spiky leaves so we don't get stabbed going to get our bicycles. It can be quite painful.

Earlier this year the spiky plant did this:


We had nothing to do with it. Perhaps there was a strong wind and it got tangled up and stayed like that. Or perhaps, eventually, something is going to hatch from inside the folded over leaves.

It looks very strange, but we are leaving it that way. Less spiky is good.

6 comments:

kenju said...

I don't know what that plant is, but there might be a caterpillar holed up in there!!sen

kenju said...

Sorry! part of my word verification got typed up there by mistake!

Roy said...

That's weird. You will tell us when you find out?

Keera Ann Fox said...

Which reminds me: Have you ever seen "The Body Snatchers"?

Badaunt said...

Kenju and Roy: It's disappointingly empty. I checked. It seems that the tops of the leaves just tangled themselves somehow. I rather like the effect, though (especially since it's a nicely unprickly effect) so I'll just leave it and see what happens!

Keera: No, I haven't seen it. Should I?

Keera Ann Fox said...

Badaunt, only if you want to be creeped out by your plant. ;-)