Thursday, July 28, 2005

Bikes, buses, and birds

I've just been out to the supermarket, on my trusty bicycle. I know some of you are curious about my bike, which looks a lot like Elizabeth's. Except, you'll notice, mine has all the trimmings - the extra back basket, the parasol holder, and the blue thing you see in the back basket is a folded up plastic covering for when it rains. I can carry things in the basket and they don't get wet.



Today it is not raining. It is very, VERY hot out there in the sun. But there is a nice breeze. This breeze almost caused me to take to the air. I had the parasol up as I was riding along. (The Man tells me I should sing the icecream song when I have the parasol up, and if I knew it I would.)

On my way home I did a little detour and discovered where the school buses are parked. Around here we have school buses that make kids WANT to go to school.



While I was photographing the bicycle I felt like I was being watched. I turned around and saw our friendly turtledove visitor. Since it was clearly posing, I took its picture, too.




Technorati Tags: ,

7 comments:

Paula said...

GREAT pics!! I haven't seen any bikes with parasols around here, though I don't know why not as it's sooooo hot and there's nothing worse than a sunburnt part (on your head).

Anonymous said...

The parasol on the bike is so cool! How fun to ride around with something like that. And the busses are cool too! If I didn't get freaked out at the thought of Japanese food I'd really like to visit the country someday and see all the interesting sites. It just seems like such a very different country from anything I can even imagine.

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a cool bicycle!

Doris said...

It's always good to see your photos :-) Love the bike!

Lippy said...

Love those buses - what a clever idea, and irresistable to kids. Gorgeous shot of the turtledove.

carrie said...

luv the byke

Cheryl said...

That parasol is all the reason I need to start wanting a bike. Fantastic.

:-D