Friday, December 29, 2006

Heads

On Xmas Day I went, as usual, to a flea market in Kyoto, with a bunch of friends. I had a lovely day, but didn't buy much (three little sake cups and a pair of earrings) and didn't even take many photos. One of my friends bought these figurines. Anybody know which manga characters they are?


Of the other photos I took, a definite theme emerged. Heads. There were heads all over the place. I thought of buying some. How would my room look like with a row of heads on sticks around the walls? I stared at that first box of heads and thought about it for a while, trying to imagine it. As I stared, the heads started to develop personalities.

I decided to photograph them and confine them to my blog instead. I think that was a sensible decision.













6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yes!
I am the first to say "Sailor Moon".
I don't know the characters, just remember the big bows from the TV cartoon.

Happy Xmas?
Happy New Year!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Must. Resist. Urge to start collecting heads...

kenju said...

They strike me as weird - but I like the next to last photo.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Love the photos! They remind me a lot of some that I took at flea markets years ago. I just love a wander around the flea markets here!

Anonymous said...

Actually, the characters are not from Sailor Moon, they're from Toki Meki Memorial (there is a game and a show based on the game). Sailor costumes like that are fairly common in anime. I recognize them based on their hair styles & colors.

Anonymous said...

Found a site with a picture:
http://www.usagi.org/doi/tokimemo/index.html