Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fortunately, nobody happened to be passing at the time

I was outside just now trying to see the Perseids meteor shower. The cloud cover meant that I could only see a few patches of sky where stars were visible, and light pollution took care of the rest. It probably didn't help that I had no idea where I should be looking, so was looking where the clear patches of sky were. It seems that those were not the right places. I did not see any meteors.

In fact, the most interesting thing to happen was that while standing in the middle of the road staring up at the sky (probably with my mouth open), my sarong fell off.

5 comments:

kenju said...

Oooh. Was anyone else out there scouting the skies?? LOL

tinyhands said...

Not quite a full moon, then.

Chrystal K. said...

I tried to view it last night...with no success. :(

Mr Curley said...

Years ago, on Shodo Island in the Inland Sea, a whole bunch of us sat looking east in the direction of Osaka and watched the Perseids - they rained down, streaking (like BadAunt herself:-) and glittering. Reflected in the Seto Sea they made clouds on the water. Unforgettable...

Bonez said...

Of course, you've put a whole new twist adding to the excitement of star gazing. Thanks for the laugh.