Monday, December 10, 2007

Lesson plan

Right now I'm having a wee panic as I realize that I do not have anything planned for tomorrow's classes. I thought I did, but I just picked up the notebook that contains my teaching notes from last Tuesday's classes, and read this:

Got a laugh at the beginning when I banged into a desk and said 'Ouch,' but otherwise not much reaction to anything. Next week: try stabbing myself.

I don't remember writing that, but it's my handwriting, so I suppose I did. The thing is, I don't really want to go with this plan. I'd prefer something less painful.

4 comments:

kenju said...

You could get one of those fake knives that they use in the movies.

OzBurger said...

Teach them how to tell the difference between -ed & -ing adjectives.

Or how to not say "Fine thank you and you?" like Pavlovs dogs.

torrygirl said...

Maybe in the spirit of the christmas season you could teach them phrases like

'do you rent rooms by the hour' or
'are those mirrors in your pants...because i can see myself in them'

:P

Badaunt said...

Kenju: I actually thought of that, but didn't have time to go shopping. :-)

Contamination: That was done at the beginning of semester. It's one of the first things I teach.

Torrygirl: Erm . . . are you trying to get me fired with your bright ideas?