Thursday, January 19, 2006

Duck Olympics (cont)

Yesterday the duck Olympics were continuing. It was time for the fishing competition.

The big bird caught a particularly tasty long-armed shrimp.



"FOWL!" shouted the judge. "YOU ARE NOT A DUCK!"



"Oh, yes I am!" said the big bird. "I'm an albino duck with extremely long legs and I WANT MY MEDAL!"



Then a duck caught something. "Look! I've caught something!" he said. "It's a ... it's a ... blech! What is it?"

"I don't know," said his partner. "But you're not kissing me again until you've washed your beak AND gargled."



Even the judge was speechless.



But not for long. "TRY HARDER!" he shouted.



But the ducks were demoralized by the experience, and gave up. Anyway, it was nap time.



The extremely long-legged albino duck accidentally ate the evidence of his catch, so dropped out as well. "Waste of time," he muttered. "Nobody listens to me anyway."



The competition was abandoned.

9 comments:

kenju said...

Soooo funny! Now I have to link to you again.

Paula said...

Great shots and commentary! I need to take some pics again.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the flying and diving competitions.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic...will that blessed Duck Olympics ever reach successful fruition?

poopie said...

Heh..who'd a thunk it?

Gordon said...

Genius. Hilarious.

Bill C said...

What a fine, funny concept! But... summer? Winter? Different with ducks?

And a competition suggestion: quack echo.

This qualifies as one of my "trademark" troublemaker suggestions, since there's some who contend - wrongly, I believe - a duck's quack doesn't echo for some mysterious reason. I say let the ducks decide the issue in open competition.

Badaunt said...

Bobciz: I'm not sure if my photography skills are quite good enough to do the flying and diving competition.

Radioactive jam: I'll post the quacking competition just as soon as I figure out how to photograph a quack. (And a quack's echo, if it exists.)

Anonymous said...

"YOU ARE NOT A DUCK!"

Haha...this post just cracked me up... :-)